Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Dog and a Swap

Well, it's five days into the new year, all the excitement has settled and it seems really quiet around here!  Of course I do have my fabulous Finn to keep me hoping.  This morning he helped himself to the bananas (left over from Christmas Stockings) I had ripening on the kitchen counter for some banana bread.  He only got half of one before I caught him, let's just say he hates being ignored (I was on the phone)!!!  For those of you who haven't been introduced to Finn here he is. 


Who could get angry at that face??  So now instead of banana bread I'll make some Egg Nog Bread I found a recipe for.  I'll let you know how it turns out. 

 So on to the crafty part of this post.  A while back, actually some time in November I was in a swap and this was my swap. The swap was a Canadian (so like those for the postage) swap and the challenge was to use something new from the Holiday Mini (the Spice Cake DSP) and something from the new IB&C (Faith in Nature stamp set).  Love that Spice Cake paper. There is a little bling on this card, but not so much that you could still classify this as a masculine card.
Hope this inspires you!

Hugs,
    Deb

8 comments:

  1. Your card is great. Love the colors. Came over from SC and am now your latest follower. Hope you will stop by and visit my blog. I am number 297

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear. I just found your blog through SU Connection. What a beauty of a card you created. Love it`! It is one of my favorite DSP. Thanks for sharing your crafty idea. I love the look of your blog and can`t wait to see what else you will come up with.
    I added myself as a follower to your blog through SU Connection. You`re welcome to take a peek at mine and become a follower as well :) Here is the link:

    http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable puppy! I am your newest follower from Stampin Connection! Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Deb! I'm following you from Stampin' Connection. :) Can't wait to see all your creations! http://createNstamp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh poor Finn. LOL. Good luck with the banana bread.

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pup! and I have this stamp set too, love what you have done with it. following from scs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new blog! I'm your latest follower from Stampin Connection! I'm #1 on List A. Stop on by sometime!

    Chanda Stehlik
    www.onecraftymommy.com
    www.soNOTbetty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card. That dsp is probably my favorite of all time. I'm a new following from Stampin' Connection.
    http://whatareyouinking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete